Based in Shreveport, Louisiana, we began in 1996 by offering payroll processing and full-service tax compliance services. In 2000, we made the strategic decision to develop our own technology. From that decision, the APS cloud solution was born and designed to help small to midsize businesses harness the power of the cloud to improve workforce management and mitigate compliance risk. Our workforce management solution is a highly flexible and powerful system for core HR, payroll, and time & attendance. In addition, we offer an expanded technology platform which includes self-service for employees and managers, mobile access, carrier connections, and extensive data integration capabilities.
- Process client payroll tax returns.
- Process combined returns.
- New hire hires reporting three times per month.
- Process the Multi-Work Site reporting at the end of the quarter for clients, as requested.
- Address all tax notices/correspondence related to payroll tax returns.
- Maintain current format for filing with various agencies
- Close client payroll tax accounts at the end of the quarter as requested by the client.
- Process applications for tax accounts as requested from Implementation.
- Process applications for tax accounts as requested from existing clients.
- Process client payroll tax notices.
- Other responsibilities as needed or assigned.
- Back up for the tax account number verification process for existing tax accounts.
- Assist with various team projects as assigned.
- Annually, at the end of the year, gather new employment rates released by the states for the upcoming year and update the clients’ rates in the system.
- Other responsibilities as requested or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or other related field preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- 2 years payroll tax experience preferred.
- Experience with software and systems preferred.
- Strong client centric focus.
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects and tasks and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong planning and organizing skills and attention to details.
- Ability to work with people and work as part of a team.
- Must be able to work in an environment in which constant deadlines exist.
- Must be able to work the hours necessary to successfully perform in this position.
- Must understand all company guidelines, procedures, and workflow.
APS has a mission: to make payroll and HR easier. We provide our clients and partners with intuitive technology delivered with personalized service and support. Our unified solution is designed to simplify workforce management tasks. Process payroll in hours, not days. Automate HR workflows to be more strategic. Elevate the employee lifecycle with a single-system platform. We are APS, your workforce partner.
Businesses choose APS as their workforce partner because of our focus on the customer experience. As a result, we continually maintain 98% customer retention and satisfaction rates. For more information on APS and how we can help make payroll and HR easier for your business, please visit our website.
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company Work-Life Balance 2020
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company Perks & Benefits 2020
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company Compensation 2020
- APS Payroll is ranked in the top 5% of companies for Work Culture on Comparably.
- APS Payroll is ranked in the top 5% of companies for Leadership on Comparably.
Company Website: www.apspayroll.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)