Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support staff with operational issues, including login issues, user maintenance and system availability, etc.
- Resolve client technical issues, and keep a record/documentation of problems and issues.
- Systems task responsibilities: client bank account/ direct deposit changes, Gazelle and SMART administrator and user permission maintenance, accrual research and recalcs, SMART tax/non-tax changes, client company configuration changes, Benefit Administration data fixes, and other tasks as identified or assigned.
- Serve as technical liaison between Client Services and Development.
- As necessary, client-facing to gather information to understand the cause of the system issue(s).
- Research, identify and document systems solutions.
- Provide support for both client-facing and back-end software platforms.
- Review, replicate and respond to software issues escalated from Client Support Representatives as Level 2 software issues.
- Communicate with both internal and external clients to resolve issues when resolution is possible; provide detailed analysis of issues as part of further escalation procedure when resolution is not possible.
- Test live data before notifying the internal and external clients that the issue has been resolved.
- Secondary responsibility (primary responsibility lies with Technical System Support Specialist): communicate with internal and external clients when escalated issues have been resolved via hotfix, scheduled release, etc.
- Take initiative to quickly identify, prioritize and escalate critical issues.
- Manage escalated HandPunch setup and configuration issues.
- Physical access to clocks is needed for configuration of new clocks, repair processing and testing.
- Other responsibilities as needed or assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, related field, or equivalent experience preferred.
- 3+ years of experience supporting complex workflow driven IT or software systems.
- Familiarity with agile project methodologies, database concepts and principles, and Java or similar language development practices and concepts.
- Experience providing user support, both internally and externally.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills and ability to follow procedures and resolve exceptions.
- Demonstrated ability to design and document user focused solutions.
- Strong observation and problem-solving skills.
- Strong client centric focus.
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects and tasks and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong planning and organizing skills and attention to details.
- Ability to work with people and work as part of a team.
- Must be able to work in an environment in which constant deadlines exist.
- Must be able to work the hours necessary to successfully perform in this position.
- Must understand all company guidelines, procedures, and workflow.
APS has a mission: to make payroll and HR easier. We provide our clients and partners with intuitive technology delivered with personalized service and support. Our unified solution is designed to simplify workforce management tasks. Process payroll in hours, not days. Automate HR workflows to be more strategic. Elevate the employee lifecycle with a single-system platform. We are APS, your workforce partner.
Businesses choose APS as their workforce partner because of our focus on the customer experience. As a result, we continually maintain 98% customer retention and satisfaction rates. For more information on APS and how we can help make payroll and HR easier for your business, please visit our website.
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company Work-Life Balance 2020
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company Perks & Benefits 2020
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company Compensation 2020
- APS Payroll is ranked in the top 5% of companies for Work Culture on Comparably.
- APS Payroll is ranked in the top 5% of companies for Leadership on Comparably.
Company Website: www.apspayroll.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)