- Oversee all facets of multi-state payroll processing, tax return preparation, and payroll tax reporting.
- Oversee the tax amendment process to ensure payroll tax returns are filed accurately.
- Prepare tax filings for combined tax return states
- Process payroll tax notices and client request resolutions
- Communicate directly with external resources (Clients, CPA’s, & Agencies) to ensure complete resolution
- Work to understand and identify recurring issues to determine critical procedural changes.
- Other responsibilities as needed or assigned.
- Work collaboratively to provide overflow and backup support for other team members
- Annually, at the end of the year, gather new employment rates released by the states for the upcoming year and update the clients’ rates in the system.
- Other responsibilities as requested or assigned.
Accounting degree and/or 5+ years of experience in multi-state and multi-jurisdiction payroll tax preparation and administration.
- Tech savvy with the ability and desire to embrace necessary software applications.
- Strong research and problem solving skills.
- Strong client centric focus.
- Proven ability to work in a high-volume, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and handle multiple projects while prioritizing, planning and organizing projects simultaneously.
- Ability to operate with a sense of urgency.
- High level attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work the hours necessary to successfully perform in this position.
- Must understand all company guidelines, procedures, and workflow.
APS has a mission: to make payroll and HR easier. We provide our clients and partners with intuitive technology delivered with personalized service and support. Our unified solution is designed to simplify workforce management tasks. Process payroll in hours, not days. Automate HR workflows to be more strategic. Elevate the employee lifecycle with a single-system platform. We are APS, your workforce partner.
Businesses choose APS as their workforce partner because of our focus on the customer experience. As a result, we continually maintain 98% customer retention and satisfaction rates. For more information on APS and how we can help make payroll and HR easier for your business, please visit our website.
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company Work-Life Balance 2020
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company Perks & Benefits 2020
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company Compensation 2020
- APS Payroll is ranked in the top 5% of companies for Work Culture on Comparably.
- APS Payroll is ranked in the top 5% of companies for Leadership on Comparably.
Company Website: www.apspayroll.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)