Summary: Responsible for leading daily activities of Client Support Team(s), this position ensures APS provides
clients with excellent service and the most positive experience possible. A Client Team Manager must have a
customer centric focus and the ability to engage with customers to resolve issues that arise. In addition, the CTM is
responsible for managing individual Client Support Representatives to establish and maintain an efficient,
productive, and enjoyable work environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
● Lead daily activities of Client Support Team(s) to ensure work is completed efficiently and with high quality
to ensure customer satisfaction.
● Oversee the use of standard processes and workflows by teams and individual CSRs, emphasizing the
importance of teamwork and collaboration.
● Track and analyze assigned KPIs to ensure productivity and performance standards are maintained by teams
and individual CSRs.
● Monitor workload, ticket volumes, and staffing needs, to ensure adequate client support, especially during
critical or high volume times.
● Manage escalated issues and provide guidance and resolution in handling difficult or complex problems.
● Serve as a resource, both internally to team members and externally to clients, regarding system and
● Resolve or escalate client frustrations and provide follow up and resolution for root cause analysis and
internal training opportunities.
● Alert management and other appropriate parties of critical client issues as needed.
● Coordinate new, revised, or enhanced content for the Help Center and Knowledge Base through Corporate
● Identify training opportunities to increase user knowledge and provide developmental support to teams.
● Execute performance management strategies such as one-one-one meetings, huddles, coaching sessions,
and team building exercises to build high performing teams of productive and confident individuals.
● Monitor CSR progression and provide individual mentoring and development plans.
● Collaborate with HR to administer corrective action and develop performance improvement plans.
● Assist Director of Support in developing and maintaining departmental policies and procedures.
● Display an enhanced understanding of both company wide and departmental objectives and key results
necessary to support APS strategic goals.
● Collaborate with peers, including the Key Management Team, to establish best practices, carry out company
wide objectives, and participate in strategic initiatives.
● Evaluate overall performance for CSRs and conduct annual performance reviews in conjunction with HR
● Other responsibilities as needed or assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Client Support Team, Client Support Representatives
CLIENT TEAM MANAGER
Page 2 of 2
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The list below is representative of the qualifications, skills, and abilities
required and preferred:
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in lieu of degree.
● Minimum 3 years of experience in payroll, HR systems support, benefits, or relative experience in a client
● Management or leadership experience preferred.
● Proven ability to thrive in a team environment with an aptitude to monitor team performance and provide
coaching and support to team members.
● Desire to support organizational and departmental goals, objectives, and initiatives.
● Excellent time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and tasks in order to meet
● Excellent written and verbal communication in order to communicate effectively to all levels of internal and
● Strong attention to detail with exceptional problem solving and critical thinking skills.
● Ability to collaborate with all levels of leadership and other internal teams.
● Proficient in various technology platforms with a working knowledge of several operating systems.
● Preference will be given to candidates with the Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC).
● Available to teams and leadership, to successfully perform in a management role, including quarterly onsite
travel if applicable.
● Must understand all company guidelines, procedures, and workflows.
APS has a mission: to make payroll and HR easier. We provide our clients and partners with intuitive technology delivered with personalized service and support. Our unified solution is designed to simplify workforce management tasks. Process payroll in hours, not days. Automate HR workflows to be more strategic. Elevate the employee lifecycle with a single-system platform. We are APS, your workforce partner.
Businesses choose APS as their workforce partner because of our focus on the customer experience. As a result, we continually maintain 98% customer retention and satisfaction rates. For more information on APS and how we can help make payroll and HR easier for your business, please visit our website.
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company Work-Life Balance 2020
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company Perks & Benefits 2020
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company Compensation 2020
- APS Payroll is ranked in the top 5% of companies for Work Culture on Comparably.
- APS Payroll is ranked in the top 5% of companies for Leadership on Comparably.
Company Website: www.apspayroll.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)