Based in Shreveport, Louisiana, we began in 1996 by offering payroll processing and full-service tax compliance services. In 2000, we made the strategic decision to develop our own technology. From that decision, the APS cloud solution was born and designed to help small to midsize businesses harness the power of the cloud to improve workforce management and mitigate compliance risk.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Payroll Related Responsibilities:
- Relative to compensation/payroll/tax questions and needs, serve as resources, as well as a point of contact for and a liaison between staff and Accounting.
- Maintain staff records in APS and Sage Businessworks.
- Staff hire and terminations maintenance and any necessary reporting.
- Deductions (all), tax settings, direct deposit maintenance in Sage Businessworks and APS (when applicable).
- Time and attendance management in APS and time approval for payroll processing.
- Distribute pay vouchers.
- Payroll and tax reporting as scheduled or requested.
- Back up to Payroll and Billing Specialist as necessary for payroll processing.
- Benefits Administration Responsibilities:
- Maintain staff benefits elections in APS and reconcile with Sage (premium deductions) and carrier systems.
- Educate and support staff members in online benefits administration during initial orientation at hire and throughout the year.
- Assist staff members with benefits and claims issues.
- Work with brokers and carriers to support the benefits program throughout the year and during the renewal and open enrollment processes.
- Assist with annual renewal and open enrollment processes.
- Reconciliation of monthly carrier and provider statements to APS and Sage Businessworks.
- Staff Recruiting and Onboarding Responsibilities:
- Work with the VP of HR to keep job descriptions current and create new job descriptions as needed.
- Manage online posting of employment opportunities.
- Manage onboarding communication and processes with new hires from offer of hire through new hire orientation.
- CP New Hire Online Onboarding
- Coordinate new hire training dates with Corp Training and notify new hire and manager and update assigned calendars.
- Assist with travel arrangements for non-local hires as needed
- Assist in coordinating any reimbursing for travel as needed
- General Human Resources Responsibilities:
- Work with the teams and departments and serve as a resource for staff relative to benefits, compensation and payroll, basic policies and procedures, etc.
- Maintain I-9 system, physical and electronic personnel, medical and other department files and, when applicable, reconcile records in Sage and APS to physical files.
- Process VOEs (financial for loans/mortgages, previous employment, etc.), other requests for information for current and previous staff members (all internal and external HR related inquiries or requests for information).
- Process audits (worker’s compensation, workforce commission, etc.) and other survey and or applications requests..
- Assist the FOC in handling the staff requests and building ticketing system and coordinate building maintenance with contractors..
- Plan and coordinate company events.
- Generate and distribute reports as scheduled or requested.
- Other responsibilities as needed or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3+ years related payroll processing experience preferred.
- 3+ years of related benefits administration preferred.
- Working knowledge of software systems, particularly in HR information systems, including applicant tracking systems.
- Experience with facility management preferred.
- A strong client centric focus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to multi-task with little supervision.
- Dependability - follow instructions, responds to management direction.
- Initiative - volunteers readily and seeks additional new responsibilities.
- Quality - demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Quantity - meets productivity standards in a timely manner.
- Ability to work with people and work as part of a team.
- Attendance/Punctuality a must- consistently at work and on time.
- Ability to work with people and work as part of a team.
- Must be able to work in an environment in which constant deadlines exist.
- Must be able to work the hours necessary to successfully perform in this position.
- Must understand all company guidelines, procedures, and workflow.
At APS, our mission is to make payroll and HR easier. Everyday we strive to...
- Do the Right Thing
- Serve Others
- Be Our Best
- Find the Fun
- Check APS out and see what we are about!
APS has a mission: to make payroll and HR easier. We provide our clients and partners with intuitive technology delivered with personalized service and support. Our unified solution is designed to simplify workforce management tasks. Process payroll in hours, not days. Automate HR workflows to be more strategic. Elevate the employee lifecycle with a single-system platform. We are APS, your workforce partner.
Businesses choose APS as their workforce partner because of our focus on the customer experience. As a result, we continually maintain 98% customer retention and satisfaction rates. For more information on APS and how we can help make payroll and HR easier for your business, please visit our website.
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company Work-Life Balance 2020
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company Perks & Benefits 2020
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company Compensation 2020
- APS Payroll is ranked in the top 5% of companies for Work Culture on Comparably.
- APS Payroll is ranked in the top 5% of companies for Leadership on Comparably.
Company Website: www.apspayroll.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)